Abilene Racing Forum Forum Index
Abilene Racing Forum

Abilene's #1 Car Forum

Dyess Car Shows coming up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abilene Racing Forum Forum Index -> Forum Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
black_bullitt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Dyess Car Shows coming up Reply with quote

I'm doing what I can to assist in the planning of these, and trying to help spread the word. More details as they become available. For now, here's the skinny...

When: April 28, 2012
What: Big Country Airfest & Smokin' Guns Car Show
Where: Dyess AFB Flightline
Entry: TBD - Open to everyone. If you're not an ID Card holder, you will have to pre-register NLT about 1 week prior. The base will likely need a copy of your vehicle registration and driver's license.

When: June 15, 2012
What: Dyess Car Show - Hosted by Dyess African American Committee
Where: Dyess BX
Entry: $20 - Gets you a goodie bag and a sammich from Callaway's eatery out at the base golf course

Again, more details as they become available.
02streetsweeperSS
New guy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try to make the April Car show.
02streetsweeperSS
New guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have anymore information for the one on April 28? What time? Classes?
black_bullitt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't figure out the attachments here, but I've attached the registration sheet to my post on AM.

http://www.forums.abilenemustangs.net/showthread.php?p=10572#post10572
black_bullitt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

For any civilians wishing to attend, please have your registration forms emailed to michael.demore@dyess.af.mil NLT COB today.
black_bullitt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a fair showing, nothing too big. Lots of folks saying they didn't know about the show. I talked to a lot of people about the car. There were a few Arrow Ford employees down there with a display set up and they had a 2013 V6 Mustang out there. One of the girls working started asking me about the BOSS and we got to talking about the 2015 Mustang design. At that point I though ok maybe she actually knows what she's talking about. Then she started talking to a guy that walked up asking about Mustangs, and it became immediately clear she didn't know what the fuck she was talking about. I tried correcting her and she gave me this glare like I was fucking up a potential sale for her. I had to just walk away.

Anyways, I ended up taking first place in the Street Machine class. One last trophy before the BOSS goes into storage then hits the autobahn.
4doorHemi
Jr Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

black_bullitt wrote:
There was a fair showing, nothing too big. Lots of folks saying they didn't know about the show. I talked to a lot of people about the car. There were a few Arrow Ford employees down there with a display set up and they had a 2013 V6 Mustang out there. One of the girls working started asking me about the BOSS and we got to talking about the 2015 Mustang design. At that point I though ok maybe she actually knows what she's talking about. Then she started talking to a guy that walked up asking about Mustangs, and it became immediately clear she didn't know what the fuck she was talking about. I tried correcting her and she gave me this glare like I was fucking up a potential sale for her. I had to just walk away.

Anyways, I ended up taking first place in the Street Machine class. One last trophy before the BOSS goes into storage then hits the autobahn.

LOL!! that's funny man!! Pretty rare to find a girl who knows her cars much less stangs all together!:/ congrats on your 1st place! Is your boss red? I may have seen around town.
black_bullitt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4doorHemi wrote:
black_bullitt wrote:

LOL!! that's funny man!! Pretty rare to find a girl who knows her cars much less stangs all together!:/ congrats on your 1st place! Is your boss red? I may have seen around town.
Yup, that's probably mine. But I did have a guy tell me today there's another one like mine in town. But yeah, I do drive mine daily. I just passed 13k miles on mine last night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abilene Racing Forum Forum Index -> Forum Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: